Released August, 2007
The Pros:Multiple modes for different types of work. Helpful LED light. Compact and light.
The Cons:Cheap bag. Case isn't very durable. No on-tool storage for bits.
The Makita BTP140 is an 18v lithium-ion cordless hybrid 4-function impact/hammer/driver/drill offered by Makita power tools. This drill is powered by an 18 volt LXT lithium-ion battery and optimum charging system which produces 280% total lifetime work with 2x more cycles.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The 45 minute charger has built in fan to cool the battery and uses "active 3 control" for current, thermal and voltage control. The hybrid 4-function tool drives lag bolts, drills into concrete, drives screws with clutch settings and drills into wood, metal and plastic. The Makita built 4-pole maximum torque motor delivers 1,240 in.lbs. of torque, with a maximum 3,200 RPM and 27,600 BPM. It is extremely compact at only 7-3/8" long and weighs only 3.9 lbs for less operator fatigue. The ergonomic shape helps for comfort and even work pressure, while built in L.E.D. light helps illuminate the work area. The Makita BTP140 comes with two 18 volt batteries, 45-minute charger and tool case, and is also sold as the BTP140Z as the tool only.
- Capacity (Hex Shank): 1/4"
- Impact - No Load RPM: 0-2,300
- Impact - Impacts/Min.(IPM): 0-3,200
- Impact - Torque (in.-lbs.): 1,280
- Hammer Drill - Blows/Min.(BPM)(Low): 0-2,300
- Hammer Drill - Blows/Min.(BPM)(High): 0-27,600
- Drill - No Load RPM(Low): 0-700
- Drill - No Load RPM(High): 0-2,300
- Driver Clutch Settings: 16
- Watt Hours: 54.0
- Battery (Ah): 3.0 (Li-ion)
- Length: 7-3/8"
- Net Weight (lbs. w/battery): 3.9
- Shipping Weight (lbs.): 13.20
- 2 LXT Lithium-Ion 3.0Ah batteries (194205-3)
- 45-minute Optimum Charger (DC18SC)
- Tool case (8247535)
User Reviews (4)
multiple modes for different types of work
no on-tool storage for bits
You may also like...